Admission to impm
Criteria for Candidates
If you are seeking an international focus to your career, have at least 8 years of management experience and a masters degree then the IMPM is for you.
We are looking for:
- Managers typically aged over 35, in senior or executive functional or general management positions, for whom a future role in leadership is envisaged.
- Individuals who are enthusiastic about participating in an innovative endeavor and have a strong interest in an eclectic international experience.
- Candidates who can make a serious commitment to the entire program, who are able to attend all the modules and conscientiously undertake the work between the modules.
- People with a working knowledge of English.
IMPM requires a high degree of commitment from participants, their sponsoring companies (in particular, the person they report to and those who report to them), and their families. Participants are away from work and home for eleven weeks over a sixteen-month period and must also complete various assignments between modules. We make every effort to "use work" rather than "make work", but some time must still be devoted for writing the reflection paper after each module and preparing for the upcoming module.
Diploma and Certificate Participants
Participants who have satisfactorily completed all the activities and assignments, including full attendance at the five modules, will receive a joint Certificate of Attendance in the International Masters in Practicing Management from the participating learning institutions.
Masters Degree Requirements
Participants are invited to register for the Masters Degree. All activities and requirements will be identical for degree and non-degree participants, except that degree candidates will submit a major paper after the fifth module. Masters Degrees are offered from Lancaster University (MSc International Masters in Executive Management) and McGill University (Master of Management). Applicants may apply to either school. A complete list of requirements will be provided when applicants are accepted into IMPM, and will include the following:
- Masters Degree applicants must normally have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university; a post-graduate degree is, of course, welcomed.
- Applicants with an MBA or EMBA will find IMPM quite different and are invited to apply.
- Candidates with no degree but other relevant qualifications may be eligible.
Applicants will normally have obtained an equivalent minimum of 3.0 grade point average in the North American system, a Second Class Honors Upper Division in the UK system, or the equivalent elsewhere. Two official copies of all transcripts showing the award of a degree and the grades achieved in individual courses are required.